Edward Elric (
braided_icarus) wrote in
scorched2012-08-01 01:19 pm
Entry tags:
{027 Arrays; Voice}
Well, I haven't heard from Hohenheim for quite a bit. Haven't seen him around either, so I guess that means he went home. Same goes for....for Mom. Seems like quite a few people from home are leaving.
[His voice is quiet, but those close to him would be able to read into it. How bitter he was, how much he was refraining from losing it. He'd already had some dents punched into his walls after discovering Al and Winry had gone. He was just sort of starting to accept that Hohenheim was here and all, and just getting used to having Trisha around. It had potentially been a while since they had actually left, but Ed had been pretty distracted lately and all. The hardest part was knowing he would never get that chance to see Trisha again, at least not back home.]
Also, given Winry left and so did Varon, I think, I don't suppose there is any mechanics out there willing to check on my auto-mail? I prefer having Winry do the repairs and maintenance, but if she isn't here, I still need some back up in case it gets damaged somehow.
[Really, he has been pretty good about not breaking it thus far. But who knows how long that would last for.]
[His voice is quiet, but those close to him would be able to read into it. How bitter he was, how much he was refraining from losing it. He'd already had some dents punched into his walls after discovering Al and Winry had gone. He was just sort of starting to accept that Hohenheim was here and all, and just getting used to having Trisha around. It had potentially been a while since they had actually left, but Ed had been pretty distracted lately and all. The hardest part was knowing he would never get that chance to see Trisha again, at least not back home.]
Also, given Winry left and so did Varon, I think, I don't suppose there is any mechanics out there willing to check on my auto-mail? I prefer having Winry do the repairs and maintenance, but if she isn't here, I still need some back up in case it gets damaged somehow.
[Really, he has been pretty good about not breaking it thus far. But who knows how long that would last for.]

[ ᴠᴏıсᴇ ]
Brother... I'll be there soon.
[ ᴠᴏıсᴇ ]
[And he knows, expected that Al would come looking for him. Knows Al would be just as upset. He's not planning on hiding from him, Al is probably the only one he can really talk to about any of this.]
[ ᴠᴏıсᴇ → ᴀсᴛıᴏɴ ]
Does it hurt?
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
Yeah. I never even expected for Mom to show up. Hohenheim was brought here from before Xerxes was destroyed, so there was a lot of explaining there. Figures the bastard would take off, it's no different than back home.
[Even if he understands Hohenheim had had his reason for leaving, trying to save Amestris, it still hurt. Was still a raw ache and bitterness. Even more bitter considering Trisha. It felt like she had barely arrived at all and she was gone. Winry having gone was also likely not helping Ed's growing bitterness and cynicism towards Anatole, as grateful as he was for having Al back and human.]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
and of course, his brother brings up their father, whom Ed has had a grudge towards for such a long time that his comment comes as no surprise. instead, he makes a low noise in his throat. ]
It was always to protect us, Brother. And— And maybe it's for the best that Mom went home. Maybe... Mm. I'm sorry.
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
I know he did it to protect us, to stop Father and save Amestris, but we never even got one lousy letter! No word from him at all for years. As for Mom....I guess I should be lucky I got to see her again at all. I'm sorry you didn't get to see them, Al.
[He knows Al would have liked to see them again. The desire to see Trisha smile again had been the start of everything, and he wishes Al could have seen it again, at least this one chance and time. But he also figures with the way things worked out with the differences in how the homunculi were created for Al, she would have been one of them.]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
It's okay, Brother. I'm glad you did. [ it had been Ed's idea to bring back their mom in the first place, and though he went along with it, he suspects his desire to see their mother's smile was trumped by Ed's. ] As for Dad... I'm sure he had his reasons. Sometimes we were just as bad about sending letters to Winry and Granny Pinako.
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
[He understands Hohenheim's reasons, but that still doesn't entirely take all the bitterness away. Trisha had died waiting for him to come back. Ed and Al had not even known if he was even alive until they had reunited with him about ten years later. Ed is still not entirely sure what to make of just how similar he is to his father when he was younger, really.]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
[ the words are accompanied by another squeeze, as if reminding himself that at least Ed is there with him. they're all they have left now, in this strange world, because both members of their family are gone. it's heartbreaking to think about. what if he was never brought here and Ed was left to suffer alone? he doesn't like thinking about it. ]
Maybe there's something we can do, Brother. To remember them all. Even Mom.
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ ]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ]
[aсᴛıᴏɴ]
[Video]
[Video]
[But uh. This is a baby. Or, appears to be. But Ed is more used to things being more than they appear, from experience here and back home. The homunculi don't appear to be hundreds of years old but they were, for example. If this kid thinks he might be able to help, Ed isn't about to turn down the offer.]
[Video]
[A beat] You're Edward Elric, aren't you. [It is not a question.]
[Video]
...Yeah, that's me. [He's kind of used to being well-known back home so some stranger knowing his name is not too unheard of. He's just curious how this baby knows of him. He hasn't done anything too dangerous or anything here. Yet.]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video] -> [Action]?
[Video] -> [Action]
[Video] -> [Action]
[Video] -> [Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
Re: [Action]
[Action]
[Action]
[Action]
video.
Man, seems like she just got here. People like to come and go in this place.
video.
video.
video.
video.
video.
video.
video.