Entry tags:
✿005 | video
[ lately, kaoru is up to things. she is busy at work in the slowly repairing building herself and a few helpers have claimed as the 'kamiya dojo'.
as of now, her forge is sitting on the edge of one of the wooden beams outside, while, showing kaoru's back. she seems to be facing a native who is holding a wooden sword much like kaoru is. truth be told, kaoru has been teaching this native for some time, and they've progressed enough that the two of them are dealing out blows rapidly, the female teacher blocking each attack while calling out instructions., advancing on her student with quick blows and combos. it's the mark of a skilled swordsman. or swordswoman. ]
Keep your grip steady!
[ as she says this, the native looks frustrated.they lunge at kaoru, and kaoru's eyes flicker, instead of blocking, kaoru raises her wooden sword and crosses her arms, trapping and catching her student's blade (and arms) within hers.
her voice is stern. ]
You're going too fast. If you can't learn patience in the basic structure of sword-techniques, then you won't move forward. You need to focus!
[ and instead of unlocking her arms, kaoru turns her arms so that the person's own arms jerk, body being forcibly turned sideways by kaoru's lock on their sword and arms so much that they are thrown to the ground, the teacher stepping back with her arms untwisted, breathing even. ]
That's enough for today. I'll see you in the morning.
[ embarassed, the native picks themself up, scrambling off with their wooden sword, staring at the girl with a bit of wonder. kaoru taps her wooden sword, or shinai, against her shoulderblades, face set in a stern mask--a warrior's face. that face comically fades in surprise at the screen.]
Oh was this on? Um..
[ she reaches for a rag, wiping the side of her face with embarassment, relaxing into a flushed smile.]
Well, um, hi I guess! I hope all of you are doing okay. It seems like we had a pretty rough few days lately, huh? Please hang in there, everyone. It's only once a month, right? We've all done it!
[kaoru sits down, glancing at the water bottle she placed by her sweatrag and marvels at it. "these things are so amazing. you just twist it and it comes out.." it's said more to herself as she takes a sip. ]
I know some of you wanted to see some of my swordstyle. Well, I guess um..you saw some of it! I'm more than willing to take on any students and it hardly costs that much either! I believe in a way to grow strong by first learning to protect and not to destroy. So if you train with me, I hope you understand what ideals I'll pass on to you.
I'm not teaching anyone who solely wants this to gain power for themselves. Anyway, I'd be happy to teach any of you, or if you just want to drop by and watch, you're more than welcome!
[a thoughtful pause before her smile softens ]
Also, to all the new people, hi to you too. I know it's kind of scary the first few weeks here, but it gets better. We've all felt like that and there are many of us here that will do our best to help you. Myself included.
Anyway, I'm Kaoru and sorry for accidentially broadcasting..it's a little embarassing.
[ with a small wave she turns off the screen. ]
FILTERED TO MISAO|
Have you figured anything out yet? I'm going to try to cook dinner tonight, want to help?
FILTERED TO SANO
Did you get your zanbatou fixed? Come to think of it'd be pretty useful with the monsters. Just don't walk around town with it, you'll freak people out! Oh and Misao-chan and I might be making dinner tonight, you should come by.
FILTERED TO ORIHIME AND UKITAKE:
Hey, you two! Do you want to come over and have dinner with us? I want to reward you for all your hard work!! Maybe you should bring your housemates too, they're more than welcome also!!!

[video]
When she turns, however... yeah, either that's definitely no boy or they're the girliest looking guy he's ever seen.]
I don't think it's just patience they're missing. They lost the moment they let their guard down and their mind wander. If they can't stay focused, patience won't help much.
[...or so says one of the least patient among the Shinsengumi. But at least he's figured out the Forge enough that he isn't still hitting random buttons while trying to use it!]
[video]
They focus too much on my body's movements, not on my hands or where I'm holding the sword. Besides, if I point out every fault in just one lesson, it'd do more harm than good.
[video]
[... unless this was how her school of swordsmanship operated? Or she could be too soft.]
What were you trying to get them to do? Maybe they need to face off against someone who doesn't use the same style to show them where their weaknesses are the hard way.
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[Video]
[Video]
[ she smiles lightly ]
That's correct. I own my own dojo back at home with the same name. Only there I have my successor.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[video]
...she couldn't say for sure, but she imagined that's what Hijikata must have been like when he taught back at the Shieikan. Her heart was beating heavily--she felt almost scandalous, watching Kaoru while she was unaware.]
...! [Once she spoke, however, that's where the similarities ended. She spoke once again about protecting, not destroying--and while she believed that at the heart, that's what the Shinsengumi were doing, she knew that the Kamiya dojo and the Shinsengumi had very different views of going about it.]
Please don't be embarrassed, Kamiya-san. [She had to say something, right? It's the least she could do for eavesdropping.] It was actually very impressive.
[video]
she becomes beyond her years when she fights, like it's an extension of the soul underneath. as kamiya kasshin ryu is bluntly also known as 'revitalizing heart' it seems fitting that it's current upholder would have a spiritual way to her technique.
for a minute kaoru is tranquil as she places the shinai in her lap, only when she hears chizuru does she start up, glancing at what she assumes is the young girl with a look of surprise. kaoru is quick to smile a hello. ]
Chizuru-chan! Good morning!
[ she smiles a bit wryly ]
I just feel like it becomes more of a show if I'm doing it on the screen, instead of in person, you know? That's not what Kamiya Kasshin-ryu is about, not really.
You think so? I'm glad! You do work here, I'd hope it'd be a sort of dojo worthy of someone helping it out, right!
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
[video/private]
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Video
[He grins when she's done.]
No wonder you're the master. That was amazing. There is one thing though. Your swords...uhm.
[He's not quite sure how to break this to her.]
They're wooden.
Video
[her smile is a bit sheepish, a bit sad. but she bolsters back quickly. no use showing sadness to others! at his words she blinks puzzled, before her lip twitches, a giggle escaping. ]
Oh, no, Merlin, of course they are. Didn't I tell you I don't need to use a sword that kills in order to fight? I suppose if I didn't use a shinai I'd probably use a sakabatou.
Video
Video
Video
Video
Video
Video
[Video]
I'm not personally in need of lessons, but if you would ever like someone to spar against, Kaoru, I would be happy to lend my blade.
[Video]
[ a polite stare, before she tilts her head. ]
I didn't think you would. But I'd be happy to spar with you also! It'll be sort of like home, training with another dojomaster. I visit many back in Tokyo.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[video]
A skilled fighter and a patient teacher. Not many can say they are both.
[video]
she flushes at that, smiling as she laughs.]
Haha, you think so? Well if I clobbered them while lecturing them I'm pretty sure they'd run off! Besides I was in their shoes once, I can understand where they're coming from.
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
...
Video
Video
It's the least I can do!
video
video
[ cheerfully said, before she smiles. ]
Yep! I was hoping you'd say yes!
no subject
Swords aren't my style but I know many young rascals here who could use the discipline.
no subject
[filtered to Kaoru]
...you and the weasel-girl? It'll be edible, right?
[filtered to Sanosuke]
[ she then cackles. ]
..What was that? Sorry I couldn't hear you.
[filtered to Kaoru~!]
[filtered to hobobro!!!]
[filtered to the scary tanuki]
[filtered to stupid chickens]
[filtered to the horrible cook]
[filtered to worst best guyfriend ]
[filtered to the best friend's girlthing]
[filtered to the..wait i am not a girlthing]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
video. THIS IS LATE TO THE POINT OF INSULT, feel free to ignore/backhand me ;;
[ He grins brightly, a smile reserved for her. ]
What might I bring to help?
video. never!!!
[ she grins back tilting her head ]
Well, yourself, for one!
video. 1/2 you are too kind. u_u
video.
1/2 video.
2/2 video.
video. 1/2
video.
video.
video.
video.
video.
video.
video;
That's a very kind offer of you. To help people I mean; I'm beginning to think that charity is a common trait here.
video;
[ she smiles gently ]
There are good people anywhere, you just have to be willing to look and see them.
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;