Anders (
justice_is_blond) wrote in
scorched2012-05-29 09:10 pm
Entry tags:
1. [Video]
[There's a hesitation before he speaks, and that's not normal for Anders, but he's about to publicly out himself and that's a little nerve-wracking. But he needs the information. He leans a little over the Forge as he speaks, not looking entirely confident.]
If what I've read and heard are correct, all of us are feared? Not just the mages? And the... [He frowns, flipping back through the provided guide.] Scorched, us? The Scorched are all fine with mages and magic?
[He looks back up, giving the device a small smile.] But it's just looking down. Those who aren't Scorched don't attack the Scorched? Or anything else?
[Anders then smiles more, straightening.] I'm being rude, I'm sorry. I'm Anders, and I've just arrived.
[He nods his head to the Forge and then picks it up, looking it over. When he speaks again, he's muttering.] Maker, I hope I actually sent that this time. What sort of an addled idiot sits in a room by themselves talking to a... a thing? Unless--
[His voice cuts off as he hits the power button and ends the feed.]
If what I've read and heard are correct, all of us are feared? Not just the mages? And the... [He frowns, flipping back through the provided guide.] Scorched, us? The Scorched are all fine with mages and magic?
[He looks back up, giving the device a small smile.] But it's just looking down. Those who aren't Scorched don't attack the Scorched? Or anything else?
[Anders then smiles more, straightening.] I'm being rude, I'm sorry. I'm Anders, and I've just arrived.
[He nods his head to the Forge and then picks it up, looking it over. When he speaks again, he's muttering.] Maker, I hope I actually sent that this time. What sort of an addled idiot sits in a room by themselves talking to a... a thing? Unless--
[His voice cuts off as he hits the power button and ends the feed.]

Audio
As to the Anatolian natives, it depends. Aside from the expected xenophobia...I should say it isn't as bad as it might be. Or rather, it isn't bad as it once was, as I understand.
Video
You yourself. Are you another mage? And you're... [The pause is short, but when Anders speaks again there's clear hope in his voice.] You are free?
Audio
As to whether I'm free, I'm afraid you will have to elaborate.
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Video
Video
Video
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
[Video]
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
Audio
Video
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
[Video]
[He's just curious about your post-] Are mages very common where you come from?
[Video]
[Anders is smiling, teasing just a little.]
They are. I can't give numbers, no one is exactly sure how many there are, but there are many. Are they rare where you come from?
[Video]
As far as I know, they don't exist where I come from.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
Re: [Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
no subject
no subject
[His voice is wry.]
What would you say is the biggest problem?
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private
private PERFECT ICON MATCHING IS A GO
private LOL
private
private
no subject
Also, I don't think you're being rude at all. I'm Priscilla! [She tips her head a little.] I wrote that guide!
no subject
It's a pleasure to meet you, Priscilla. Your guide was very helpful. Though I have to wonder if there's a place to drink in this city too, or if it's just in the other one?
no subject
But I'm glad you found it helpful!
There are definitely drinking establishments in Anatole and Dismas. Aboveground, there's the Foxhole, which is Scorched-run, and Duncan's, which isn't.
Err, in Dismas... I can't really name them all.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
[ Arthur looks oddly stern. Here to rain on the parade, a little. ]
And in the past there were riots, inciting against Scorched. But things are calmer now, and we do our best to ease the differences between us all.
[ A pause, he lifts both eyebrows. ]
Welcome to Anatole.
no subject
[Anders smiles.]
Thank you, for the welcome and the honesty. I don't have your name yet, though, so I don't know who I'm thanking.
no subject
I'm Arthur Pendragon. Vice Commander of the Alliance.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
[voice]
[but now the important bit.]
So, you're a mage as well?
[video]
[The mischievous grin on his face should be a dead giveaway that he's a bit of a showoff.]
As well. Yes, I am.
[He creates a small fireball, holding it in his hand before letting it vanish.]
I can do a thing or two with magic.
[video]
[she pretty much has to switch to video, creating a little ball of water in midair.]
What sort of magic do you work--elemental?
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video] (and this is why I need to read posts twice)
[video] No worries, he never minds teasing.
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
video
Fun stuff, eh? How did you like the whole dimensional travel thing?
Re: video
[He laughs.] It's different. I can't say I'm opposed to different, though I do like warnings most of the time.
(video)
[ Let's not forget the singing. ] But welcome to Anatole, Anders! I was new here myself about a month ago.
[ Note to self: people come here in clumps. ]
(video)
[He nods.] Thank you. And a month? How has that month treated you?
(video)
(video)
(video)
(video)
(video)
(video)
(video)
no subject
[Video]
video;
video;
video;
video;
[video]