Bruce Banner (
sardonicism) wrote in
scorched2013-09-27 08:43 pm
Entry tags:
Video;
[ Bruce isn’t a stupid man. By the time he’s ready to make contact with the others in this place, he’s figured out how the device he’s been left with works. There’s no fear on his face when the video starts, no trace of panic or unease. He looks calm, as though waking up in strange places with no idea how he got there is something that happens to him on a regular basis.
His voice, when he speaks, is quiet and dry, with the faintest note of sarcasm. ]
Seeing as I woke up in an empty apartment, I’m guessing whoever brought me inside wants to stay anonymous.
[ One eyebrow quirks slightly higher, though whether it’s in silent inquiry if anyone will step forward and admit to doing it or it’s an indication of some kind of private joke is difficult to tell. ]
Thanks for the beads, by the way.
[ He holds up one of the ivory pieces. He knows it’s not really a bead, but he doesn’t know what exactly it is or why he’s been left with a bunch of them. ]
Mind telling me what I’m supposed to do with them?
His voice, when he speaks, is quiet and dry, with the faintest note of sarcasm. ]
Seeing as I woke up in an empty apartment, I’m guessing whoever brought me inside wants to stay anonymous.
[ One eyebrow quirks slightly higher, though whether it’s in silent inquiry if anyone will step forward and admit to doing it or it’s an indication of some kind of private joke is difficult to tell. ]
Thanks for the beads, by the way.
[ He holds up one of the ivory pieces. He knows it’s not really a bead, but he doesn’t know what exactly it is or why he’s been left with a bunch of them. ]
Mind telling me what I’m supposed to do with them?

no subject
...Though I'll admit it was really tempting to give you some kind of silly answer to that question.
no subject
That mean I have to get a job too? Or aren't I going to be here long enough to need one?
no subject
A job is a good idea. A really good idea. You only get free housing for like... a month. Then you're on your own. This isn't the kind of place you want to be on your own in.
Luckily for you, I know a few pretty decent leads for available jobs, if you're interested.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
text »
probably buy yourself a top hat and cloak, they're big on those in anatole. i know this place pretty well. any questions i can answer?
you can call me jack
no subject
[ Until he knows what's going on, the less he advertises who he really is, the better. His first name seems like a safe bet; since he never uses it, the general public likely won't know it to connect the dots. ]
What is this place? Do you know how I got here?
no subject
[ Hmm, what else ... ]
do you have any special abilities? like magic
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
voice
When I got here, they threw a party.
no subject
[ He says it dryly. He doesn't get invited to parties. ]
Where do I get a pamphlet?
no subject
(no subject)
-- > actiontags?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
Video/
Any other questions are all right though, I've got some free time in my schedule.
no subject
[ A pause while he thinks about what else he has questions about. It's not that he has a shortage, he just doesn't want to bombard the poor guy with them. ]
Can you point me in the right place to look for more permanent housing?
[ There's a certain amount of irony there. Bruce hasn't had permanent housing in over a decade. ]
no subject
You're best off putting a shout out on the network asking is anyone has a free place, but you can also find them here- [Sends an image file of a map, the residential districts marked.] If you want I can show you in person, again, I'll have some time for it today, and it'll be faster for you getting this type of stuff out of the way.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
And they're currency. Obviously bringing people in penniless and without shelter is just cruel. The kidnapping is bad enough. I wouldn't knock it.
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
video always
Teehehee! I asked myself the same thing- I thought they were toys at first!
no subject
Glad I'm not the only one. Have you been here long?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
[ video ]
[Cue the wicked smile.]
What's your name?
no subject
[ He knows it is, but pretending to know what's going on wasn't going to help him actually know. ]
Robert. You?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
audio;
Inundated with offers for help already, I take it. New arrivals are something of a commodity around here.
no subject
[ If the place is as bad as Jack made it sound, maybe having a few more people around to fight off the monsters is a good thing. Of course, abducting people to do it isn't good at all. Especially when one of them just increases the monster population. ]
How many new arrivals are there?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
video.
[usagi sure hopes so, because she still isn't 100% sure herself. ]
no subject
[ He nods once, the gesture shallow and quick. ]
As well as they can, I think. It sounds like an... interesting place.
(no subject)