justshutupraz: (Ladies dig me/Teenager/gum)
Lili Zanotto ([personal profile] justshutupraz) wrote in [community profile] scorched2013-09-16 03:42 pm
NSFW

Sixth Bloom - [video]

Okay, not really sure if this is a shot in the dark or not, but does anyone have access to more modern psychology books? The local library is kind of lacking in that regard.

[ Lili waves an much, much older psychology book back and forth for emphasis before dropping it back on her bed.] So I figured I'd ask here and see if that got me any further.

If you do- tell me, I kind of want to brush up on the finer points of non-Freudian psychology, I'd rather not rely on that quack for information. [Lili rolls her eyes at the thought.] so- thanks I guess? Depending on how far this gets me.
helpmeguideit: (pic#2117603)

audio.

[personal profile] helpmeguideit 2013-09-17 02:39 am (UTC)(link)
So who are you a fan of, if not Freud?
Edited 2013-09-17 02:39 (UTC)
helpmeguideit: (Default)

audio.

[personal profile] helpmeguideit 2013-09-18 01:24 am (UTC)(link)
Simplifying it. They all have their own value and truth to them. Even Freud.
helpmeguideit: (pic#2117607)

audio.

[personal profile] helpmeguideit 2013-09-19 02:42 am (UTC)(link)
Freud was certainly a product of his time, an unfortunate one, but one nonetheless. There's possibly some Jung, but we know that some of his theories started similar to Freud's own.
helpmeguideit: (pic#2117555)

audio.

[personal profile] helpmeguideit 2013-09-24 03:07 am (UTC)(link)
They're brilliant men, even with what they did wrong. They did a lot for psychology.
helpmeguideit: (pic#2117524)

audio.

[personal profile] helpmeguideit 2013-09-26 02:02 am (UTC)(link)
Now what does that accomplish?
terraformagica: (❦ m é c o n t e n t)

video;

[personal profile] terraformagica 2013-09-20 02:18 am (UTC)(link)
... did you lose a bet or something?
terraformagica: (❦ e b l o u i s s a n t)

Re: video;

[personal profile] terraformagica 2013-09-20 03:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Well I think it sounds positively dull.
terraformagica: (❦ t r a c a s)

Re: video;

[personal profile] terraformagica 2013-09-21 06:54 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Most. Skeptical. Look. ]

Prove it.
terraformagica: (❦ f a r c e)

Re: video;

[personal profile] terraformagica 2013-09-26 11:45 am (UTC)(link)
You can just say if you don't know how, I won't hold it against you!
alphaophiuchi: (definitely disagrees)

[personal profile] alphaophiuchi 2013-09-20 03:48 am (UTC)(link)
Why do you want to read up on psychology?
alphaophiuchi: (regarding silently • black)

[personal profile] alphaophiuchi 2013-09-20 06:49 am (UTC)(link)
I have no idea what that means. I recommend not using jargon, if you can help it.
alphaophiuchi: (potion swag)

[personal profile] alphaophiuchi 2013-09-20 05:37 pm (UTC)(link)
What about people's minds, though? [he huffs. This is vague.] Obviously knowing it would be fundamental, but that doesn't really answer the question.
alphaophiuchi: (scratching his face)

[personal profile] alphaophiuchi 2013-09-23 05:37 pm (UTC)(link)
Look for the bright sign marked 'insanity here'. It might blink. But I assure you, it'll be glaringly obvious, and you don't need a book for that.
alphaophiuchi: (this is my judging face)

[personal profile] alphaophiuchi 2013-09-26 05:17 am (UTC)(link)
A psychology book isn't going to help you, then. Not if everyone's mind is different.