Barnaby Brooks Jr. (
inceptioned) wrote in
scorched2013-07-31 06:56 pm
Entry tags:
001 ▷ Video
[The Forge works like a handheld television of sorts; Barnaby seems to have no trouble operating it. So, when the feed begins, one will likely notice several things: the Forge is right-side up; it is focused on Barnaby, whose green eyes are narrowed and sharp; and it is recording from outdoors, atop the roof of the Outlander complex. Barnaby wears his Hero suit, visor up as he addresses anyone listening to his broadcast.]
Anatole.
[That tone, citizens, indicates that he means business.]
My name is Barnaby. I arrived yesterday, along with others, so it would seem. [He isn't aware of their names, but he's seen faces like his own, puzzled and belonging to people wandering around without so much as a clue as to how they came to be here, so far from where they came from.] Although I am not certain who provided the accommodations I found myself waking up in, the gesture is appreciated. Unfortunately, I must ask that the apartment be given to someone else, someone who possesses the inclination to stay.
I do not.
[He will not be imprisoned against his will, you see—and it is imprisonment, whatever concessions might have been made for comfort's sake. That anyone thinks they can abduct him, hold him captive, hold anyone captive and expect a few niceties to make up for it all, is...is infuriating...but Barnaby checks his anger well. For now, at least.]
[There is one small problem, however. He spent the entire night by the Door, spent countless hours trying to get it to send him home, none of it to any avail. Of course, if leaving were so easy, wouldn't everyone have done so by now?]
[Exhausted, he sighs.]
I want to speak with the one who is in charge.
Anatole.
[That tone, citizens, indicates that he means business.]
My name is Barnaby. I arrived yesterday, along with others, so it would seem. [He isn't aware of their names, but he's seen faces like his own, puzzled and belonging to people wandering around without so much as a clue as to how they came to be here, so far from where they came from.] Although I am not certain who provided the accommodations I found myself waking up in, the gesture is appreciated. Unfortunately, I must ask that the apartment be given to someone else, someone who possesses the inclination to stay.
I do not.
[He will not be imprisoned against his will, you see—and it is imprisonment, whatever concessions might have been made for comfort's sake. That anyone thinks they can abduct him, hold him captive, hold anyone captive and expect a few niceties to make up for it all, is...is infuriating...but Barnaby checks his anger well. For now, at least.]
[There is one small problem, however. He spent the entire night by the Door, spent countless hours trying to get it to send him home, none of it to any avail. Of course, if leaving were so easy, wouldn't everyone have done so by now?]
[Exhausted, he sighs.]
I want to speak with the one who is in charge.

video;
[FULL ON BRAT MODE GO.]
video;
I'm...sorry?
[Not that he's apologizing so much as the inflection at the end implies the question: what did he do to deserve that attitude?]
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video; threadjacking like a good papa
video;
video;
no subject
Lovely to have you back - although, of course, you don't remember that at all. Well, I'm Yuui, and... ah... [Oh hold on he just saw that reply.] Sorry about my brother, I'm afraid he doesn't like you very much. [No he doesn't really sound very apologetic.]
no subject
[The child. Of course. Quite the pair of contrasting dispositions...but it doesn't explain anything, not really.]
[But wait...]
What did you say? [He doesn't wait for an answer; probably wouldn't like what he heard, anyway.] I think I would know if I'd been here before. If I'd met either of you.
[His memory isn't in the best of shape, but it's not that bad.]
no subject
[He sighs quietly.]
And I'm afraid not, Bunny-chan. [It's said with mild amusement, nothing more or less; just a way of proving that he does know something about him.] But this place has a way of... ah, playing a bit with your memories. [Aaaaand cue wince because he just realized that's a pretty sore toe to be stepping on.]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
sorry, i have to
terrible /shakes head
oh shush you know it's funny. they're both idiots
Yep. It's why they're meant for each other.
damn right
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
NOT HERE
I COULDN'T RESIST
Yuui!
[WHAT ARE YOU DOING BRO????
One does not simply tell Barnaby Brooks Jr. that he's forgotten things.]no subject
[Really, Barnaby should be more used to you damaging his eardrums by now, but the bigger concern is...you're here.]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
NEVER RESIST
I do admit that I could have put that somewhat better. I suppose I got a bit carried away, no?
(no subject)
n-neither could I
[The injustice! Even vengeance is no longer an option!]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
Because he is an annoying spouse yes
(no subject)
(no subject)
:3
(no subject)
(no subject)
[Video]
That's the gist of your situation.
[Video]
[Video]
Fuck, I wish. Then I wouldn't be here.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
text.
text.
[Firstly, do you know how inconvenient it is to tap at a tiny device with large gloves on?]
[Secondly...okay, there is no secondly, not really, just a reiteration of Point A.]
Can't? By whose decree?
text.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
audio;
[But for all he's amused by Fai's reaction and worried about his husband's, he can't forget the way this guy had fought with him on that rooftop so long ago now, even if this version of the man who'd watched him die had no inkling of it at all.
audio;
audio;
audio;
audio;
audio;
audio;
audio; because being an annoying spouse is catching
obviously. Where do you think Kuro caught it from? xD
audio;
no subject
[Sorry bro. Kids are jerks.]
no subject
You have tried?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
audio;
[ a pause ]
Fitting, I suppose.
audio;
[Not to mention the toll it's taking on him, all these people telling him he's been here before. The more that make the claim, the harder it is to deny, but still, there is no memory.]
No, not another.
[Though, what this stranger means by fitting...Barnaby wonders.]
Re: audio;
audio;
Re: audio;
audio;
Re: audio;
[video]
[Is that a kid resting against a dragon? Yep, that's a kid resting against a dragon. Hiccup absentmindedly scratches at Toothless's side while he scoops up fish into his mouth, giving Barnaby a disgruntled look.]
You really think any of us want to be here?
[video]
[It's kind of astonishing.]
...Ah, no. I didn't say that.
[Aren't you afraid you might lose your fingers doing that?]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)