Hey darlin' you home? I'm headin' home from work an' I was wonderin' if maybe you'd like to meet me for lunch or somethin' so we can talk 'bout somethin'.
There's a first time for everything! But I'm glad today isn't it. Yeah, I'll head out and be there soon.
[She flashes him a smile (they've been coming easier these days, ever since the day she tuned herself in) and hangs up so that she can make her way out of the house and meet him for lunch
Some time later, she arrives with a similarly bright smile to greet him.]
Fancy seein you here
((ooc - I'm assuming you planned on continuing action here but if I was wrong, just let me know!))
[ When she arrived he was sitting in a corner table, a cup of tea of all things before him. He looks up when he sees her coming in and offers her a bright smile.]
One just never knows. [ He let out an amused chuckle as he pushed himslef from the chair to move and pull out a chair for her. Someone was being a gentlemen today.]
Just so you know. Me bein' mad at you that'd be unlikely though, I ain't ever been that upset with you. So don't worry 'bout that, an' If I was I'd surely tell you face to face not over the network.
[She blinks when he moves to pull her chair out. She doesn't mind it and its not that it's so out of the norm but they were usually more casual. She sits and looks up and over her shoulder at him, still amused.]
I'll try to keep that in mind. So it's not a bad talk... Does that mean its a good talk or just a... neutral talk?
[ She blinks. Wherever she thought this was going, it definitely didn't start by brining up Tara. Tara, who had left her because of the way she was using magic. Willow now knew that the woman was right to be concerned like she was but it don't make it sting any less.][Now it's her turn to trail off]
Well not so much her, more about you. [ He babbled a bit and waved a hand absently.] I know your with her and all... but umm.
[ He looked down at the table and decided to just man up and say it.] I wanted to know if maybe you'd like to go out t' dinner with me later this week.
I don't know, possibly the fact you got a girlfriend. I don't know though that's why I wanted to ask you. if it's okay then awesome. If not, we can forget I said anything.
[She can't really see those nerves so well hen she's flustered like she is.]
Things with Tara were... sort of past tense. I didn't really want them to be but she didn't like what my magic was doing to me. We sort of fought right before I came here and she ....moved out. Totally the sort of thing you talk about when someone is asking you out, I know. [she gave an awkward smile]
You didn't say nothin' before love. I figured she was waitin' back home for you an' all. Plus knowin' you prefer the fairer sex and all, which I don't hold nothin' 'gainist as I love a lass as much as the next person.
[ RAMBLING IS CONTAGIOUS!]
Part o' me will always love her that be true, but I can't spend forever waitin' for her to return. It's not gonna happen.
No one really wants to talk about getting dumped. And then all the bad magic mojo went down and... Well, she was right, so it just made it harder to think about. But you know I've dated guys before, right? Well... guy. Oz. So, I guess I'm also werewolf-friendly, in case you were curious... [Okay time to take a breath and focus.]
So, what? You figure this is a good way to pass the time? As far as Cordelia-replacements go, you really kinda went the opposite direction over here. [Willow knows that Cordy changed and got less irritating, but it's hard not to see her like she did for all those years in school.]
Oh, shit I forgot you mentioned you'd dated Oz before. I liked Oz, he's good people. You know he was in LA once when I was still in the land o' the livin'? [ Someone got distracted there.] I don't know I just kind of assumed once you started datin' in your own gender you might'a been done with the other.
Umm, that'd be a no. [ Someone sat upa bit more.] I ain't lookin' for no rebound or passin' the time. If I wanted to pass the time theres plenty women in Dismas I could pass time with. [ He gave her a look.] I'm just admittin' yes there still be feelin's there but I can't do nothin' bout that but keep goin' on. I'll readily admit I still got feelin's for me ex-wife too. I just don't easily push the past aside. This ain't bout the past though, it's more 'bout the future.
[They can get into her relationship history and why she likes what she likes later. Once he sits up, she does so too and all that rambling snaps shut.]
I'm sorry- I didn't mean... [She looks down at her lap for a second, feeling pretty bad about implying what she did.] I guess I just don't know you'd go from her to... me. [Cordy was beautiful and knew how to talk to people- both in the best and worst ways. She never had trouble finding friends or dates. Willow was... well, she was still that nerdy girl who never really stood out, as far as she was concerned. Having her confidence shaken by the whole magical freakout thing didn't help matters either.]
[ It would likely help them both to talk about their past relationships together. To just get it all out in the open.]
No no, love. I get it. Sorry if I came off a wee bit harsh I just thought you thought I was aimin' to use you an' that'd never happen. You're me friend first, and foremost. I'd never endanger that. [ He gave a weak smile then.] You know, I don't always go for the blunt queen type right? Harry's was a book nerd jus' like you. She's a bit more adventurous now, but she used to be quite an' shy jus' like you. I don't have a type, I have a heart an' it wants you.
[Cheesy or not, that last line forces heat to rush to her face and her cheeks flush. All of this is surprising, but that? His heart wants her? All of this has her head swimming, thinking about all the things they've been through together in this place, all the times he's been there for her.]
It's sweet. [She says quietly, once she finds her voice. It's all she can manage just now. She's trying to process the rest, and one day may even realize that she still needs to actually give him an answer...]
What? [See, in her head, she already did that part.] Oh! Uhm... no I don't need to. I mean I don't need to wait. I'd like to. [oh my god girl- spit it out. She takes a breath and tries to put her thoughts back together.] Yes. I'd love to have dinner with you.
Sure, I'm sure. [She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, finding that despite the blush still hot on her cheeks, it's a little easier to talk about.]
Do I get to know where? The when should be easy. I'm free pretty much whenever... So long as my probation visits are worked around.
[ He looked rather chipper then and was enjoying the shade that blush brought out to her cheeks. She really was a lovely woman despite what she may think.]
Actually I changed me mind, you should pick. A lady should get first picks on where she's taken too. Anywhere's fine by me, so long as I be in your company.
Maybe we could pick... together? I don't really know a lot of places to eat around here. We usually just do the home thing. And bar food, but... as much as I like the guys, I don't really want to go there. [She laughs to shake off some of the residual nerves.]
[She perks up and nods. Date night and a spontaneous adventure? She had faith that he'd make it fun no matter what they did. By now, she trusts him- enough to feel at home with him in Dismas in the shadiest of bars, so a night out for more respectable entertainment? Totally fine by her.]
It'll be like one of those choose your own adventure books! Besides, I like exploring this place with you. [Again, she felt her face flush slightly.] So, uhm... I guess we just need to decide on the when?
[ Doyle had a way of making even the silliest mundane things seem fantatsic when he wanted. And with her, he wanted too.]
Exactly! Though you know I always cheated with them books. I always ended up dead so I'd go back and try again. This will be much better, with half the cheatin'.
How 'bout on the first? Start a new month with it an' all?
Well, I never cheat when it comes to a matter of the heart. [ He laid on the charm and offered her a wink. He was following along on that one.] Only cheatin' you'll see if of cards and shortcuts.
[ He smiled back at her and started to stand offering her a hand.] I'm gonna have t' be gettin' back to work soon but how 'bout I walk you home first.
[The wink made her grin widen slightly. This was strange and unexpected and new and fun. And it was Doyle. Instead of trying to figure out what all that meant, she just nods.]
Even if I was I wouldn't care Will, they ain't gonna fire me for bein' a few minutes late.
[ He offered her is arm like every other walk they've ever taken. And hey, they never ordered lunch so no tab to pay either!] How's things been 'round the house today?
no subject
...It's not a bad talk, is it?
no subject
I'll be waitin' at that little cafe down by the Foxhole.
no subject
[She flashes him a smile (they've been coming easier these days, ever since the day she tuned herself in) and hangs up so that she can make her way out of the house and meet him for lunch
Some time later, she arrives with a similarly bright smile to greet him.]
Fancy seein you here
((ooc - I'm assuming you planned on continuing action here but if I was wrong, just let me know!))
no subject
One just never knows. [ He let out an amused chuckle as he pushed himslef from the chair to move and pull out a chair for her. Someone was being a gentlemen today.]
Just so you know. Me bein' mad at you that'd be unlikely though, I ain't ever been that upset with you. So don't worry 'bout that, an' If I was I'd surely tell you face to face not over the network.
no subject
I'll try to keep that in mind. So it's not a bad talk... Does that mean its a good talk or just a... neutral talk?
no subject
I'd be likin' to think it's a good thing, but it all really depends. I got somethin' I gotta ask you an' it's taken a bit o' thought on my part.
no subject
You know you can ask me anything.
no subject
[ He leaned forward a bit on the table, his elbows rested on the wood as he took a breath.]
I know you got a girlfriend back home and all but... [ He trailed off to ponder his wording.]
no subject
But what about her?
no subject
[ He looked down at the table and decided to just man up and say it.] I wanted to know if maybe you'd like to go out t' dinner with me later this week.
no subject
[someone doesn't get it]
no subject
[ he spoke again.]
no subject
[...]
Oh.
Like a...date-date?
no subject
I mean I understand if you wanna say no, but I just figured I'd ask.
no subject
[rambletown]
no subject
[ Someone looked a bit nervous.]
no subject
Things with Tara were... sort of past tense. I didn't really want them to be but she didn't like what my magic was doing to me. We sort of fought right before I came here and she ....moved out. Totally the sort of thing you talk about when someone is asking you out, I know. [she gave an awkward smile]
But... What about the... Yknow, Cordy thing?
GUESS WHO FORGOT IT WAS IN SPAM AGAIN!
[ RAMBLING IS CONTAGIOUS!]
Part o' me will always love her that be true, but I can't spend forever waitin' for her to return. It's not gonna happen.
no subject
So, what? You figure this is a good way to pass the time? As far as Cordelia-replacements go, you really kinda went the opposite direction over here. [Willow knows that Cordy changed and got less irritating, but it's hard not to see her like she did for all those years in school.]
no subject
Umm, that'd be a no. [ Someone sat upa bit more.] I ain't lookin' for no rebound or passin' the time. If I wanted to pass the time theres plenty women in Dismas I could pass time with. [ He gave her a look.] I'm just admittin' yes there still be feelin's there but I can't do nothin' bout that but keep goin' on. I'll readily admit I still got feelin's for me ex-wife too. I just don't easily push the past aside. This ain't bout the past though, it's more 'bout the future.
no subject
I'm sorry- I didn't mean... [She looks down at her lap for a second, feeling pretty bad about implying what she did.] I guess I just don't know you'd go from her to... me. [Cordy was beautiful and knew how to talk to people- both in the best and worst ways. She never had trouble finding friends or dates. Willow was... well, she was still that nerdy girl who never really stood out, as far as she was concerned. Having her confidence shaken by the whole magical freakout thing didn't help matters either.]
no subject
No no, love. I get it. Sorry if I came off a wee bit harsh I just thought you thought I was aimin' to use you an' that'd never happen. You're me friend first, and foremost. I'd never endanger that. [ He gave a weak smile then.] You know, I don't always go for the blunt queen type right? Harry's was a book nerd jus' like you. She's a bit more adventurous now, but she used to be quite an' shy jus' like you. I don't have a type, I have a heart an' it wants you.
... that was incredibly cheesy.
no subject
It's sweet. [She says quietly, once she finds her voice. It's all she can manage just now. She's trying to process the rest, and one day may even realize that she still needs to actually give him an answer...]
no subject
You ain't gotta answer today, or tomorrow. Just think on it, yeah?
no subject
no subject
You sure? Cause I got an idea o' just the place we can go whatever night is good for you. [ He was clearly pleased by this.
no subject
Sure, I'm sure. [She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, finding that despite the blush still hot on her cheeks, it's a little easier to talk about.]
Do I get to know where? The when should be easy. I'm free pretty much whenever... So long as my probation visits are worked around.
no subject
Actually I changed me mind, you should pick. A lady should get first picks on where she's taken too. Anywhere's fine by me, so long as I be in your company.
no subject
no subject
no subject
It'll be like one of those choose your own adventure books! Besides, I like exploring this place with you. [Again, she felt her face flush slightly.] So, uhm... I guess we just need to decide on the when?
no subject
Exactly! Though you know I always cheated with them books. I always ended up dead so I'd go back and try again. This will be much better, with half the cheatin'.
How 'bout on the first? Start a new month with it an' all?
no subject
But yeah! First sounds good. Great, even. [Oh now someone is beaming.]
no subject
[ He smiled back at her and started to stand offering her a hand.] I'm gonna have t' be gettin' back to work soon but how 'bout I walk you home first.
no subject
Sure. As long as I won't make you late.
no subject
[ He offered her is arm like every other walk they've ever taken. And hey, they never ordered lunch so no tab to pay either!] How's things been 'round the house today?
no subject
Good. Still intact. I was about to go poke around the shed for garden stuff before you called.
no subject
Just let em know when you got your list an' we'll get it taken care of.
no subject
[Someone likes to organize...]
no subject
... if it floats your little boat love, then let it float. [ He offered her a soft smile then.]
no subject
Consider me out to sea.
((ooc: probably wrapped up here? unless you had more you wanted him to chat with her about?))