oldironsides: (just doing science minding my business)
Tony Stark ([personal profile] oldironsides) wrote in [community profile] scorched2013-03-05 12:36 am
NSFW

+ 9 | video

[Camera flickering on, you're immediately greeted by... well, a wall. Quite unremarkable, and even as the focus pans upward, as the architectural detail comes into play, it's still not the most impressive sight. A wall is a wall is a wall.

Stepping back, allowing for a broader view, the Forge owner skims focus slowly along the structure. Intricately carved archways line the base, and beyond the narrow, heavily-curtained windows, you can see the place is quite dark. The building itself is tall, the stone thick. Formidable. It's obviously not a new spot, but time has hardly been cruel to it.]


What you're looking at --

[comes the voice, and the camera is turned. Tony Stark's wearing quite the shit-eating grin, tip of his nose pink from the cold, a black scarf bundled up snug along his jawline.]

-- is the Dismas Arena, which I'm now in pseudo-possession of. What I've actually done is take over event promotions, because there's a whole lot of potential in this city that's not being [profited on] shared with the general public. It used to be a pretty happening spot, but I've been watching it dwindle lately. Not good.

What I intend to do here combines practicality with spectatorship. I'll be looking for fighters, basically. People with skills who not only want to improve on them, but make a little money doing so. If you're good with a sword, we'll have you spar with someone else of equal talent. Or better. Depends on how the fight goes. Even some of the Natives wanna take part, as long as they're not put up against "super-Scorched".

Their words, not mine. Funny, the Natives were really excited about the idea of getting into the ring with outsiders.

And yes, people with voodoo, that means your powers work down here, even though we're in Dismas. Don't ask me how, but it'll be a great selling point. People without voodoo? I'm sure you've got something to offer. Even boxing can be fun to watch... and if it gets boring, we can always toss a dire wolf in the ring.

Mix things up a little.

[He takes in a breath, releasing it into the frigid air as cloudy, grey puffs.]

The doctors that used to work here don't anymore, so I'm gonna be needing some staff on hand for events. People who can mend a broken bone, lace up a busted forehead, that sort of thing. Folks who wanna take part in the fighting itself will also be paid by me for their services, on top of what they win by the betting public. I'm thinking we'll hold fight nights every weekend, maybe. Probably. During the week, you can make use of the on-site gym.

The equipment's kind of, uh... old. And partially broken. But most of it works.

[Leaning against the main entrance -- a broad, red door trimmed in gold -- his expression softens. He looks tired, having not slept much since the mess that was the month just passed. Between the Black Mist and forcing himself into sleepless nights during dream broadcasts over the Forge, it hasn't exactly been a relaxing time.]

I'm hoping that besides providing jobs and giving non-participants something to attend and root for, this might help a little in getting us ready for attacks that don't pay ivories in the end. Practice against each other, see what skills are out there, make a buck or two. If you don't have a weapon or armour, I'll be providing some of my own creations.

And now I'm getting cold.

[He yawns.]

So! If you're interested in working for me in some form, lemme know. It's gonna take a little while for me to get the place ready to roll again, so I thought I'd put out the message now. I've gotta look into food service, but drinks are gonna be provided by the Foxhole, because I'm smart like that. Prices stay the same... OH... and I'm gonna need to hire servers. Maybe a couple referees, blah blah...

[A bit of hand-flapping accentuates that last non-point there, and soon turns into a peace sign salute. The feed clicks off.]
icy: could get behind that. (nice style.)

[video]

[personal profile] icy 2013-03-05 05:56 am (UTC)(link)
Sounds like a good time, I wish I could help out down there. [ But more importantly, since he promised Anders he'd keep an eye on mini!Tony and giving his word hasn't really faded now that the Real Thing is back: ] You're gonna get some rest once your new army is hired, right?

[video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 06:13 (UTC) - Expand

[video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 06:28 (UTC) - Expand

[video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 07:38 (UTC) - Expand

[video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 08:33 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video] yesss

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 08:46 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 08:48 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 08:50 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 08:54 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 08:57 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 08:58 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 09:08 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 09:16 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 09:19 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 09:20 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 09:21 (UTC) - Expand

[Private video]

[personal profile] icy - 2013-03-05 09:25 (UTC) - Expand
justice_is_blond: (Why yes I am proud of myself)

[Video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond 2013-03-05 07:10 am (UTC)(link)
[He's smiling, though it's not a wide one, just warm.]

If you're cold, come inside and get warmed. Though it's past time you rested too. Come home. I can see, if there are volunteers, about working out a roster with Tonks, too, lending people from the Clinic on various nights.

...And what, exactly, is voodoo?

[Video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 07:52 (UTC) - Expand

[Video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-05 08:40 (UTC) - Expand

[Video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-07 07:36 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-03-27 00:23 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-04-02 06:53 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-04-05 10:13 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-04-11 07:31 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] justice_is_blond - 2013-04-19 05:13 (UTC) - Expand

[video]

[personal profile] antivillain 2013-03-05 07:48 am (UTC)(link)
[Not to mention let the authorities size everyone up, and let us size up each other… but equally good for antagonism or teamwork; be able to deploy one another to greatest effect.

"For" rather than "with", but hey; it's the easier job to follow orders rather than give 'em.

Don't think you know who I am yet, Stark, but give you a chance first to show it.

Technically I haven't spoken to you before now, either. So here goes:]


I'm interested.

[video] -> Private

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-05 09:05 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-07 08:18 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-10 09:15 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-19 12:45 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-25 14:36 (UTC) - Expand

[private video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-03-31 14:10 (UTC) - Expand

[Private Video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-04-04 02:38 (UTC) - Expand

[Private Video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-04-12 04:29 (UTC) - Expand

[Private Video]

[personal profile] antivillain - 2013-04-15 07:06 (UTC) - Expand

( Video )

[personal profile] septim 2013-03-05 07:52 am (UTC)(link)
An arena. [ Martin says, obvious distaste in his voice. ] Well, we can't have just Anders heal those who become injured. Divines know people enjoy profiting from violence.

I'm Martin, a healer. Magical, that is. I take it you're familiar with Anders' magic? It's a lot like that.

( Video )

[personal profile] septim - 2013-03-05 08:15 (UTC) - Expand

( Video )

[personal profile] septim - 2013-03-05 08:40 (UTC) - Expand

( Video )

[personal profile] septim - 2013-03-08 11:49 (UTC) - Expand

( Video )

[personal profile] septim - 2013-03-10 04:33 (UTC) - Expand
bigbad: injuries (overwhelm and desecrate me)

video;

[personal profile] bigbad 2013-03-05 08:22 am (UTC)(link)
[Spike's grinning. The only job he's actually managed to get around here has just opened up.]

I'm something of a warrior myself. I'm in.

video;

[personal profile] bigbad - 2013-03-08 03:21 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] bigbad - 2013-03-11 04:36 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] bigbad - 2013-03-18 06:34 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] bigbad - 2013-03-25 06:26 (UTC) - Expand
purityconquered: (Default)

[personal profile] purityconquered 2013-03-05 11:45 am (UTC)(link)
[There's only one part of this which catches his attention, as the Arena has been pretty much defunct since his arrival in Anatole.]

Magic can be used inside the Arena?

[All the times he's been in Dismas, and he's never heard that.]

(no subject)

[personal profile] purityconquered - 2013-03-06 20:36 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] purityconquered - 2013-03-07 14:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] purityconquered - 2013-03-08 13:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] purityconquered - 2013-03-09 10:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] purityconquered - 2013-03-11 14:14 (UTC) - Expand
capt_forehead: Don't know who to credit. (badassery)

[personal profile] capt_forehead 2013-03-05 04:48 pm (UTC)(link)
[Angels got a job, but who can resist something ro blow off his steam.]

I'm a fighter... and interested...

(no subject)

[personal profile] capt_forehead - 2013-03-06 12:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] capt_forehead - 2013-03-07 03:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] capt_forehead - 2013-03-09 11:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] capt_forehead - 2013-03-11 12:19 (UTC) - Expand
letxequalnull: (just a smile)

[personal profile] letxequalnull 2013-03-05 06:42 pm (UTC)(link)
Healing magic is not unknown in my world, but it is not something I have any great skill in. However, I would be willing to offer what little skill I have in the area regardless. In addition, I would be more than willing to serve as one of your fighters.

(no subject)

[personal profile] letxequalnull - 2013-03-06 23:22 (UTC) - Expand
rideofthefearlings: (thy hurried step thy haggard eye)

audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings 2013-03-05 07:09 pm (UTC)(link)
Magic works in the ring, or in the building?

[ This is an important distinction, okay. ]

Re: audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings - 2013-03-07 05:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings - 2013-03-10 13:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings - 2013-03-11 16:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings - 2013-03-20 20:24 (UTC) - Expand

Re: audio;

[personal profile] rideofthefearlings - 2013-03-24 21:32 (UTC) - Expand

video

[personal profile] psionichax0r 2013-03-05 07:44 pm (UTC)(link)
Are you Tony Stark?

video

[personal profile] psionichax0r - 2013-03-09 20:17 (UTC) - Expand

video

[personal profile] psionichax0r - 2013-03-12 01:48 (UTC) - Expand

video

[personal profile] psionichax0r - 2013-03-19 18:38 (UTC) - Expand
unyieldingly: comment for credit! (pic#5720165)

voice;

[personal profile] unyieldingly 2013-03-05 11:06 pm (UTC)(link)
I can volunteer both for healing and for fighting, if that would suit you. Is magic allowed in the ring or is it solely hand-to-hand?

voice;

[personal profile] unyieldingly - 2013-03-07 15:23 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] unyieldingly - 2013-03-08 05:33 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] unyieldingly - 2013-03-09 16:10 (UTC) - Expand
instrumented: (To ⌈explain⌋ in due time)

video;

[personal profile] instrumented 2013-03-06 04:21 am (UTC)(link)
[Hmm.]

I can cook, if you're looking for anyone to do so, be it for the bar or otherwise.

[And maybe he'll be interested in fighting, too. Not positive, yet. He needs more than just the part-time job he already has, though.]

video;

[personal profile] instrumented - 2013-03-07 04:32 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] instrumented - 2013-03-07 07:15 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] instrumented - 2013-03-09 09:28 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] instrumented - 2013-03-11 22:04 (UTC) - Expand
oathkeeping: (pic#4235797)

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping 2013-03-06 04:41 am (UTC)(link)
How much munny? I can fight.

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-07 02:16 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-09 16:32 (UTC) - Expand

Re: video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-11 14:55 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-19 14:09 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-24 04:45 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-03-31 23:44 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-04-02 23:32 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-04-04 22:22 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-04-11 04:28 (UTC) - Expand

video;

[personal profile] oathkeeping - 2013-04-13 02:36 (UTC) - Expand
toldastory: (Grin)

voice

[personal profile] toldastory 2013-03-06 05:57 am (UTC)(link)
I wouldn't mind offering my talents in the healing area every so often. It'd be better than them needing to end up at the clinic, or at the one for the natives.

[Where Martha works one day a week when the city isn't coming to an end.]

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-07 03:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-10 20:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-17 20:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-19 04:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-24 23:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-28 05:13 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-03-31 15:30 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-04-02 21:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-04-05 01:09 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] toldastory - 2013-04-11 14:58 (UTC) - Expand