.01 (Audio ->Video)
[At first it's just a voice, softly accented but also tripping along an edge]
This isn't...
[Only to have the video flicker to life. If you're prone to motion sickness, this is where you might want to take two steps back. But as the feed turns end over end it catches a few things. A flash of white belonging to a lab coat. Long brown hair caught up in a haphazard bun and held into place with a pen. Wide, curious eyes.
The world's stopped moving.
For now]
This better not be about those buttons I just pushed on that big hunk of metal taking up space in the back corner. I just figured now was as good a day as any to finally figure out what it actually does, considering I almost went and blew up the place last week. I've been downright neglectful, really.
[The image tilts again, but only slightly. Her gaze becomes slightly more shadowed]
...or this could just be the part where I start talking to myself. [Pause] Again.
This isn't...
[Only to have the video flicker to life. If you're prone to motion sickness, this is where you might want to take two steps back. But as the feed turns end over end it catches a few things. A flash of white belonging to a lab coat. Long brown hair caught up in a haphazard bun and held into place with a pen. Wide, curious eyes.
The world's stopped moving.
For now]
This better not be about those buttons I just pushed on that big hunk of metal taking up space in the back corner. I just figured now was as good a day as any to finally figure out what it actually does, considering I almost went and blew up the place last week. I've been downright neglectful, really.
[The image tilts again, but only slightly. Her gaze becomes slightly more shadowed]
...or this could just be the part where I start talking to myself. [Pause] Again.

video; private
video; private
[Fred's expression drifts into something distinctly more apologetic]
I didn't drag you along with me, did I?
video; private
Not unless you dragged me three months ago.
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
video; private
...
...
...
video;
First Doyle and Wes, then Cordy, and now Fred. Either the PTB are giving them all a break and allowing them a second chance at life or they are messing around with his head and asking for a serious ass kicking when he returns home.
Fred is different than the rest. He knows they all go to the great beyond and in the case of Cordy, ascend to something special. Fred on the other hand, well, she permanently ceases to exist. Not only does she die, but her soul is destroyed.
And yet, here she is, with her soul in tact. Which means that there's a chance it can be saved. Which means he is now a man on a serious mission.]
Fred! It's me, Angel. [Fumbles with his forge and flips it around so she can see his face.]
What room are you in? I'll come to where you are.
[Private to Angel -Video]
You know this Fred person?
[private]
We both do, she's apart of our team. [And the love of your life.]
You not knowing her is going to be a shock to her.
[private]
[private]
[private]
[private]
[text]
[text]
video;
But I'm not in a... [Huh. Only, expecting the part where she is. For a card-carrying scientist, and in the case of the L.A. branch of Wolfram and Hart the cart carrying scientist? Fred's been a bit slower on the uptake than usual. Fred's sure she'll see the humor in it.
At some point]
Ok, I'm definitely in a room. Would you look at that.
[Don't tell anybody about that part, Angel. Especially since she's giving you the number now. It's just polite]
video;--->action.
Wait for it....
and there's a loud bang on her door.]
It's me.
video;--->action.
action.
action.
action.
Re: action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
action.
video;
video;
That's not especially reassuring. But I expect you know that.
[Whoever you are]
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
Re: video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
Re: video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Private.
Private.
Private.
Private.
Private.
video;
video;
video;
Oh, a good number of people can hear. And while the hunk of metal does sound... somewhat worrying, arrival here seems to be rather more random. It's likely no fault of yours.
Um-- welcome to Anatole.
video;
[He doesn't want to know about her hunk of metal]
Um...thanks. I guess. I must've missed the mat at the front door.
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
video;
[Video] c-c-c-c-combo breaker
And no, you're not talking to yourself. The Forges connect to a network of people whisked away from their worlds, just like you were.
[Video]
Any leads on how we 'whisk' back?
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video] Stupid phone--that was a good tag too, before I hit send too early
I wondered what was going on! I was all *tilt computer* is this some kind of test :P
Haha, <3
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
[video]
Still, she has this memory... ]
There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself. Not really.
[video]
I keep telling everybody that, but I don't know how much they actually believe me.
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
Video
Video
If it means learning something in the process? Yes.
Video
Video
Video
Video
Re: Video
Video
Video
Video
Video
Video
Re: Video
video;
so she smiles and arches a brow, stating factually: ] You know what they say. Talking to yourself is the first sign of intelligence.
video;
But it's Cordy A walking, talking, not-in-a-coma Cordy.
Finally, Fred smiles]
...I should be testing off the charts, then.
video;
video;
[Video]
[This is inevitably going to be slightly awkward. But Wesley's going to try to get past the initial re-introductions with minimal stumbling.]
Fred, isn't it?
[Video]
You're really going to have to be patient and give her some time, here. Fred feels like all she's done that day is stare speechlessly at faces that just aren't quite. This one even more than any of the others.
It's even more disconcerting to hear that version of his face say her name]
Somebody's been talking about me behind me...small little communication thing. And I'm gonna go ahead and guess his name is Angel.
[But after a moment she remembers herself, enough that there's no way of keeping a more familiar smile at bay]
Hello, Wesley.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
no subject
no subject
I'm not sure I'm ready to say thanks for the welcome wagon just yet.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)